Tuesday, July 24, 2012

No-Bake Energy Bites

As I mentioned before I have a pretty controlling sweet tooth. So, when I find a recipe that is quick, easy, and seemingly "healthy" (c'mon, they have the word ENERGY in them!) I just have to try it! Ok, maybe they're not "healthy" if you eat like 5 of them but they are perfect little morsels to have around. I will probably have 1 or 2 before my run tomorrow and will report back on their "energy" component. :) I found this recipe from a friend on Facebook who pinned it on Pinterest, so I couldn't tell you the original source! Here is what you will need. 


1 cup quick oats (dry)
2/3 cup toasted coconut flakes
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup ground flaxseed or wheat germ
1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional, but so good with them or peanut butter, butterscotch, or other type of chip)
1/3 cup honey
1 tsp. vanilla

Mix all of the above ingredients together and refrigerate for about an hour. Then start rolling your bites. I made them fairly small (about 1" rounds), so I wouldn't feel guilty eating more than 1. You can really add anything you want to these, like nuts, and different types of butter (almond, peanut, etc.). Store these babies in the fridge and enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment